Monday, January 12, 2015

Whoops.

I know, I know, I suck! BUT THIS YEAR IS GOING BY SO FAST! It is really freaking me out. Also I don’t know what to say… like am I supposed to tell you that there are a lot of random cats everywhere (I’m not making that up, it is very true; they are EVERYWHERE)! I just don’t know what you people want to hear! I’ve started ten blogs but haven’t finished one because I felt like they were so incredibly boring. I was just telling stories and as most of you know I am a terrible story teller. Ask Rebecca S she tells(told) me that all the time. I guess I could give you some highlights…. WITH PICTURES! I think I will start with…


Trondheim!!!
All of the exchange students in Norway (which isn’t a lot maybe like a little over 20 people) went to Trondheim for a culture course (we thought it was a language course but it wasn’t). I met the most amazing people an I miss them so much! Anyways, we had 8 hours of  “class” a day for like four or five days on the culture and history of Norway… which most of us already had to research before arriving to Norway… and we were in one of the most amazing cities in Norway… 8 HOURS… (Now I’m just really angry >:{ ) But all that really matters are the friendships that I made in that week. Honestly all I can remember is how much fun I had with everyone and I can’t wait to see them again in a month at winter camp!  (Sorry I don’t know what else to say this happened almost 4 months ago…). One thing I really enjoyed was the sunset every morning. It was incredibly beautiful! Even if I had to get up super early.
Trondheim!

Nidaros Cathedral in Trondheim
 (sorry that Ben is in the way)

The US citizens singing



Oslo / Italy
For høstferie (fall break) I went to Oslo and Venice! But first let me take some of the time out of your life to tell you about how incredibly beautiful the train ride was! Well I guess it should because it is one of the most scenic train rides in the world. NBD just sayin’. The fjords were breath taking (literally couldn't breathe for a moment; it scared me) The trees were changing colors on the mountains. I made my host sister buy chocolate so that I could sit in the window seat for awhile (teehee beklager Anniken!)  It was unforgettable.






In Oslo we stayed with my host grandparents (host mom’s side).They were so nice and welcoming! I didn’t get to see too much of Oslo but it was still pretty great! In Venice there were a lot of tourists but it was so beautiful. There was so much to see and so little time. But it was a great trip and I am so grateful for the opportunity! (Thanks you, host family!)





Typical tiny European food. (SO GOOD THOUGH)

The Four Seasons Vivaldi
(Good birthday)



:)









University of Oslo

Royal Palace 

Holmenkollen ski jump


Stortinget Oslo


Aquarium
Awhile back I went to the aquarium here in Bergen with my youngest host sister Anniken. It took us a while to find it because it's tucked in the back of the city. We took the long boards with us and Bergen is the worst place to long board. Going up hills, we would kick them up instead of actually carrying them so sometimes they would roll past us on the way back down and we would have to run down and chase the boards… So that took up some time too. But I’m really glad that happened because it was a beautiful day out (whichs means it wasn’t raining and the sun was actually out) and I got to see more and more of my city (because we kept getting lost). After finding it we saw seals, fish, and penguins!!! PENGUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways, there was this area in the aquarium just for fish that live in the Norwegian sea and they were the ugliest and scariest fish I have ever laid my eyes on. It really freaked me out that all of those fish live a few miles out and down. Still gives me the shivers. AH.




Så søt.


Voss Vind
A little while back some rotarians and I took the Rotaxion-Kids to fly in a wind tunnel. They were SO EXCITED! They were literally jumping for joy when they found out that they would be going into the wind tunnel. It was really adorable. Everyone had the chance to go in the wind tunnel at least twice.  I had a lot of fun except for one thing… You know how i kind of always smile no matter what? Yeah I kept smiling during my flying session so my lips were like flapping around and saliva was everywhere. You're welcome for that. :)  

Some Rotarians from my host club here!


AIDA (Opera by Giuseppe Verdi)
First let me start by saying thank you to Bjorn for taking me! It was amazing.  For awhile I  was just in awe but then I had to focus because they were singing/talking in Italian and the subtitles were in Norwegian. It was an amazing and beautiful opera. Also the orchestra and the choir did a really great job.*CLAP*


Røde Kors
Before I forget … I went on a cabin trip with Red Cross. That was fun. It was a group of people who go hiking every once in awhile but most everyone was new (maybe a little over half). I had no idea where I was but it was gorgeous ! We went on a six(ish) hour hike. We made hot dogs and ate chocolate! It was a fun weekend!


Add caption






Thanksgiving in Norway
I remember I had a physics test that day and I drew a thanksgiving dinner and things I was grateful for on the top of my test after I was done… My physics teacher wasn’t impressed. After school my host sisters and I started on thanksgiving dinner. We made pecan and apple pie, the breast of the turkey, and potatoes (naturally).

Teehee :)


I will come back later with how Christmas and New Years went later… Well thats all folks…. okay … Ha det.

No comments:

Post a Comment